Consultation is a collaborative process involving the expansion of a confidential expert relationship aimed at solving personal intricacies. At downstate, this is a chance to talk to an accredited clinical psychologist who is a well-trained and knowledgeable listener in the field of human behaviour science. Counselling is designed to help you clarify problems, better understand your feelings and thoughts, and deal with queries effectively. Almost all students will encounter difficulties that affect their success or happiness from time to time.
Benefits of counselling
- Develop communication and interpersonal abilities
- Improve self-esteem and confidence
- Ability to change self-destructive behaviours or habits
- Better express and control emotions, including hostility
- Relieve depression, stress or other mental disorders
- Enhance self-confidence and decision-making ability
- The ability to handle stress
- Improve the ability to solve problems and conflicts
- Better self-esteem and determination
- Recognize distorted thinking
How is it helpful?
The consultant will work with you to assist you to determine your strengths, understand your thoughts, feelings and behaviour, and begin the method of change and maturity. Counselling can help you realise what is preventing you from making the adjustments you desire in your life.
Consultation can also teach you how to deal with tiring life events and environments that cannot be changed. The counsellor will help you examine and cope with internal forces and negative emotions towards yourself and others. It can include the development of new response or relief strategies.
Sometimes, the most beneficial features of counselling are that the counsellor needs to be objective and not get involved in the situation you are trying to solve. The consultant only cares about your interests.
It can be challenging to start counselling out of fear or even shame, but most students find that when they start to face challenges rather than avoid them, they feel some relief and hope. For you, you can go to consult and speak. The counselling singapore counsellors will talk to you, and you will decide together whether the suggestion is helpful.